Personal information is information about you from which your identity is apparent. Protecting your privacy is fundamental to the way we at Magnus Credit do our business. This document sets out the way we will collect, store and use your personal information. The information we collect are:
1. Your name, residential address and telephone number;
2. Your date of birth;
3. Your contact number;
4. Your employer details, and
5. Other identification information such as work pass and passport details.
Other information we collect are detailed in the eligibility section.
Why we collect personal information
We collect personal information so that we can:
1. Accept and process your application for a loan;
2. Assess your personal and/or commercial creditworthiness;
3. Make a determination about the risk of you defaulting on your obligations to us;
4. Undertake, where appropriate, risk assessment and management involving securitization, credit scoring, portfolio analysis, reporting and fraud prevention and claim recovery;
5. If your application is successful, provide you with a loan and determine on what terms we will do so;
6. Manage your account with us
Where do we get personal information
We obtain personal information from any of the following sources:
1. You in the process of your loan application or in other communication with you;
2. Credit providers from whom we request information;
3. Persons or entities you have authorised to provide us with information;
Where we obtain personal information which we are either required to collect, or authorised to collect by law, we will advise you of that fact.
Disclosure of personal information
At Magnus Credit, we will not use or disclose information collected from you other than the purpose made known to you, authorized by you or required by the law. From time to time, we may disclose your personal information to:
1. Credit reporting bodies, ratings agencies and any business which provide information about the credit worthiness of persons with whom we have a commercial arrangement;
2. Your financial advisers (if any) if permitted by you;
3. Our financial consultants.
Compliance by External Parties
Any external partners in the course of providing support services to us may come into contact with Magnus Credit customer information. These third parties are required to observe our privacy standards.
If false or inaccurate information is provided, including in relation to a person’s identity and fraud is identified, details about this information, including customer Personal Data, will be passed to fraud prevention authority, eg. The Police Force of Singapore and CPIB etc. Law enforcement authority may access and use this information.